Who are we?
What we do at Jacksons Air Traffic Services Centre?
The Jacksons (PORT MORESBY) Air Traffic Services Centre operations are as follows:-
- Jacksons Control Tower provides Surface Movement and Aerodrome Control for Port Moresby Airport and is responsible for the Port Moresby aerodrome traffic circuit and runways.
- Jacksons Approach provides Approach Control for Port Moresby Airport and is responsible for the Control Zone and Terminal areas in Class C airspace.
- Jacksons Radar provides Area and Arrivals Control within the control area steps out to 150 nautical miles from Port Moresby and over the Nadzab Control Zone in Class C airspace.
- Moresby Control Area Control in all controlled airspace above FL245 in Class A and C airspace.
- Port Moresby Flight Service provides a Flight Information and Search and Rescue alerting service in all uncontrolled airspace within the Port Moresby Flight Information Region except for those areas managed by Madang.
- Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) provides information necessary for the safety, regularity and efficiency of air navigation and coordinates briefing in the Port Moresby FIR.
- International NOTAM Office (NOF) is responsible for exchange of NOTAM internationally in the Port Moresby FIR.
- Aviation Search and Rescue within the Port Moresby FIR, is managed from the Rescue Coordination Centre.
What we do at Outstations Control Towers?
- Nadzab Tower provides Aerodrome and Surface Movement Control for Nadzab Airport and is responsible for the Nadzab Aerodrome traffic circuit and all movement areas.
- Nadzab Approach provides Approach Control for Nadzab Airport and is responsible for the Control Zone in Class C airspace.
Madang Tower provides Aerodrome and Surface Movement Control in the Madang Air Traffic Zone.
Madang Flight Service provides Flight Information and Alerting Services in the Madang Flight Service sectors.
- Goroka Tower provides Aerodrome and Surface Movement Control in the Goroka Air Traffic Zone.
Mount Hagen Tower provides Aerodrome and Surface Movement Control in the Mount Hagen Air Traffic Zone.
Tokua Tower provides Aerodrome and Surface Movement Control in the Tokua Air Traffic Zone.
Outside the hours of 1900/0900 UTC when service provision at the outstations is deactivated, Port Moresby Flight Information Service assumes responsibility.